Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chocolate...'Nuff said

Like most of my Weight Watchers companions, I have jumped on the Greek Yogurt train. I tend to eat on container at about 10 AM most days. I find that it helps to keep me full until lunch time so that I don't reach the point where I feel like I am starving and over eat at lunch. I have been trying many different brands but the one that I always find my way back to is Yoplait's Greek 100. They are only 2 PP and come in a variety of flavors. There are usually coupons in the paper and they tend to go on sale for $1 each quite often. It also helps that I love the consistency of them. Some of the Greek yogurts can sometimes be a whole lot thicker than I really like and can also start getting very high in point value for yogurt (again, just my opinion, but isn't that what I am here for?)

Tonight, I decided that I wanted to try another Pinterest recipe using some new stuff I found. A user on Instagram had posted this Peanut Spread and everyone was talking about. I am almost out of PB2 so I thought it may be worth a try. 


This Peanut "spread" from Walden Farms has a surprisingly good flavor. I would say it is a little looser than regular Peanut Butter but at 0 PP for 1 TBSP it is completely worth it. It was $3.48 a jar at Walmart and that is not much different in price from most other peanut butters. The only place I have been able to find the PB2 locally is at a Lite for Life store about 5 minutes away but they charge $7.99 a jar!! That is just insanity to me. It is very good stuff but clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I paid that much for it (I think I was too excited to try it).

Back to my little snack concoction. Chocolate Peanut Butter Yogurt for 2 PP!!

Here's what you will need:


1 small container of Vanilla Greek Yogurt 
(the original recipe calls for plain and then to add stevia but why bother of you can just start off with a nice base of vanilla)
1-2 Tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder ( I used 2)
1 Tbsp Peanut Spread

Throw it all in a bowl, mix it up, and enjoy. 



I will tell you that you can just use the yogurt container to mix it up but it just becomes a mess. You get cocoa powder everywhere and cocoa dust in your eyes and up your nose. Just use a bowl people, I promise, you will thank me later!!  

You will more than likely thank me for finding this on Pinterest and trying it out for you too. It was delicious. Not super heavy on the Peanut Butter flavor so you can always add more if you like. I have made this with the PB2 as well and although the flavor was good, it did thicken up quite a bit. I am also considering throwing this in the freezer for a bit next time. Only problem is that I usually don't like to wait for my chocolate fix. 


4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy! Have you ever tried the Better'n Peanut Butter? If so, how does this compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristine, I haven't tried that one yet. I am on a bit of a peanut butter mission though. I will say that the consistency of this one is a little different than your standard peanut butter. So far, PB2 has been one of my favorite alternatives to standard peanut butter. Unfortunately, it is harder to find where I am in CA and when I did find it, was pretty pricey. Do you know the point value of the Better'n Peanut Butter?

      Delete
    2. It's 2pp for 2tb of it. It's pretty runny and I didn't care for it a whole lot. I only ever used it on my celery or in my smoothies because I didn't really like it. I've seen it at Walmart and Trader Joe's.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete