Monday, July 8, 2013

Snack Time: Trader Joe's Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip

I will have to say that since I have been on Weight Watchers, I am more inclined to try new foods. I am constantly looking for something new and exciting. I believe the way that we don't get bored with food is by constantly changing it up. Plus, how will you ever know if you are missing something FANTASTIC?? If we always eat the same thing every day we may get bored and then fall back into old routines. I don't know about you, but my old routines are what got me to a place that made me need the Weight Watchers program. Not looking to go back there any time soon (plus, I already gave my fat clothes to Goodwill!)

So let's get to business. I took a trip to Trader Joe's this weekend (watch for more great posts this week about all of the delicious looking stuff I bought to try) and while my 4 year old was busy telling me how she and Daddy "needed" the chips and dip that I just let her try out at the sample counter, I realized that there had to be something good for me to dip into too. I think that too often when people go on a diet they tell themselves that there are all these things that they can and can't have. The thing that I love about WW is there is nothing that I can't have because it is a lifestyle change that I am making. I can eat the Sea Salt Ridge Potato Chips with Bacon Cheese Ranch Dip that the little one loved and wanted to take home to Daddy. But, instead, I made a CHOICE to find something better for me.

Spinach Dip is something I love at parties and I always have. Usually, it is made with some sort of full fat sour cream of some kind sitting inside a delicious bread bowl surrounded with bite size pieces to dip in. You all know what I am talking about...yummmm...the crunchy french bread. Sorry, forgot where I was. Anyway,  Trader Joe's has a delicious Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip.


The cost on this tub is $3.99 and it is 1 PP for 2 TBSP. Yes, only 1 PP which makes it a great snack. I thought that the dip had great flavor. I noticed quite a few of these "reduced guilt" labels around the store as well. Be careful when you see those and actually put things into your calculator. I picked up a meal that said that and it was 9 PP which didn't seem to reduce much of anything to me. Now you can choose to pair this up with some baby carrots for no additional points or you can do what I did. I paired it with this new found snack from Walmart.


These little guys come in at 2 PP for 6 crackers. They are a decent size cracker and although 6 crackers doesn't seem like a lot, it was enough to eat the 2 TBSP of dip. They also came in a Mediterranean Herb flavor that I am disappointed I did not pick up. My husband loves pita chips but he likes them plain (I told you...picky eater!!) and I figured I better get the standard Sea Salt flavor in case I didn't care for them. They were on the saltier side, but since I was looking for a salty chip replacement, I didn't mind it.

 You could add the carrots along if you would like too. The chips were $2.50 a box and I paired it with a $.70 off coupon from coupons.com and it made for a nice little deal at $1.80 a box to try something new.


Here's my 3 PP snack for the afternoon. For those of you paying close attention to detail, I am aware of the fact that the picture is only showing 5 crackers. Do you also see the small missing section of dip?? I was so excited to try it all that I dug in before a snapped the photo. I also think this would be great to bring to a party if you wanted to make sure there was an appetizer that everyone, including you, could enjoy. 
Can't wait to show you all the other great stuff I grabbed. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment