Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hawaiian Pizza, 6 Points Plus

Recently, I have become obsessed with Flatout flatbreads. I love that they can be used for so many things and that they also come in different flavors. I decided that I would try one of the recipes for pizza that I found on their website for dinner. You can find the original recipe here but please note that I changed it a little bit on the amounts that were used. This recipe serves one so feel free to multiply it as many times as you like. The original says it serves 2 put I would say only if you using it as an appetizer.

Flatout Light Original

You will need the following ingredients to make this Hawaiian Pizza:
1 Flatout Light Original Flatbread
2 Tbsp Pizza Sauce
1/4 cup Kraft Mexican Shredded Cheese
1/4 cup Pineapple Chunks (in their own juice)
4 slices of Oscar Mayer Deli Sliced Smoked Ham
Cooking Spray (I used my Misto)


The original recipe calls for you to grill this pizza which would be great if you were BBQing but thankfully they were smart enough to add alternative directions to use your oven. That is the technique that I used.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Lightly spray both sides of your flatbread with your cooking spray. Place in the oven directly on the racks and bake for 7 mins.

While its in the oven take a minute to cut your four slices of ham and your pineapple chunks. I chose to cut the chunks in half to make them a bit more bite size.


This is how I chose to wedge my ham and since it is thinner I also chose to layer it. If you would like to use a thicker ham, you can but I chose this ham for its great flavor and low point value. (plus I use it to make sandwiches so I have it on hand and can usually pick it up with a coupon and on sale...BONUS)

By now your flatbread should be done, so take it out of the oven.


This gives it a nice crisp. Now add your pizza sauce...


Then your cheese (you can choose to add the cheese after the ham and pineapple if you like)...


Then add your pineapple and ham and throw it back in the oven (straight on the rack) for another 7 minutes. Once its done its ready to enjoy.



WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS: 6 POINTS PLUS

My husband is a very VERY picky eater. Some recipes I have made he may not even finish. Some he loves and asks me to make again. SO that being said, I have decided to poll my picky eater and resident non-dieter to ask him for his input as I tell you all about these recipes I try. I gave him a scale... 

Hated It
Its OK
Loved It
OMG!!

This one received a LOVED IT!! 

That absolutely means we will have it again because I thought it was fantastic. Experiment if you like with different toppings and other flavors of flatbread (like the Italian). I know I will!!




No comments:

Post a Comment